Debajyoti Dutta Roy's personal take :
This is an excellent move. Hats off to Jairam Ramesh.
But all wildlife and environmental enthusiasts have to keep many parameters in mind:
- The cheetah flourishes in uninhabited grasslands. So, one has to choose a locale where there is minimum human population.
- One has to study the FOOD PYRAMID. If the base, that is, the grasslands are abundant, one can introduce deers to sambars to the cheetah's natural prey.
- So, the natural prey of the Asiatic Cheetah flourishes.
- The cheetah has a great time. But one has to be also careful that it is not threatened by other predators bigger than it is. Or pack predators like the hyena or indian wild dogs .."dholes" they're called, as far as I remember.
- One has to study the habitat where the Asiatic Lion is still surviving. These are, as far as I remember, from an excellent site felidtag (Cat Specialist Group) - Iran, parts of Saudi Arabia, etc. Congrats to these countries for still preserving the Asiatic Cheetah.
One can also have active monitoring / audiovisuals to generate interest amongst the common people.
Without disturbing the Cheetah, that is.